Friday, September 24, 2010

And then I hung my head in embarassment.

Shrieks of laughter and shouts of "Tickle belly!" made me burst into the Salad's bedroom in the shore house. Here is the conversation that followed:

Me: "A, you are making too much noise in here with your brother and sister. It is not play time, it is nap time. I need you to sleep so that we can stay up late on the Boardwalk. Come with me and you can nap in the pack-n-play in our bedroom today."

A: "Mommy?"

Me: "Yes, A?" clearly exasperated.

A: "You want me to sleep in the pack-n-play?"

Me: "Yes, A. So that we can stay up late tonight."

A: "But not play in there?"

Can you see where she's going with this, people?

Me: "No playing. Just sleeping."

A: "But Mommy, why is it called a pack-n-play then?"

Me: "Uh. Um. Huh. You know what? I need quiet NOW. Let's go."

Dang . . . beaten by my three year old. Again. Dang.

1 comment:

  1. You could bring up the example of parking on the driveway & driving on the parkway...talk about opposites & make your case for sleeping in the pack-n-play. See, I really am a genius sometimes ;)

    ReplyDelete