Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mark it with a B

The week the Salad studied the letter B, I called in a favor from Meglet, who happens to be a pastry chef/instructor at the Restaurant School. I'm lucky to have a friend so talented. I'm even luckier that she in willing to have 3 - 3 year olds run around her kitchen. But I'm the luckiest that she cares enough about the Salad and I that she spent her free time Baking a Beautiful loaf of Braided Bread. Brioche, in fact.
We got our own aprons. We made cookies with red sprinkles. We saw mixers as big as we were. We ate homemade vanilla ice cream. We wrote our names with white and dark chocolate. We saw huge refrigerators, stocked with more eggs and milk than a 3 year old could dream off. We toured the kitchens and saw students cooking duck. We ate lunch on the patio and enjoyed the weather. On our way out, we stopped by the cafe and Meglet stocked up a box of goodies for R, which he gladly accepted as his dinner.

It was an amazing opportunity. I am beyond grateful and beyond impressed. We love you, Meglet!

No comments:

Post a Comment