Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow.

Playgroup has been trying to plan a trip to Winterthur for the last 2 months, but I swear every Monday and Tuesday this spring has been rainy and thunderstormy. And yes. Thunderstormy is a word. Back to my story, though. The first Tuesday in June was finally nice! So Ms. Amy and I packed the kids up and hauled a$$ to Delaware. We spent the day exploring a beautiful new garden. We climbed trees, played tag, poked frogs with sticks, picked wild flowers, and rode on a tram to boot! After we tooled around outside, Ms. Amy suggested heading to a room full of antiques that the Museum encourages little ones to play with. I think the Salad could have carted those glass dishes and cast irons pots from table to stone fireplace all day. It was getting late, though, and I know our good behaviour is finite. So we ended our day on a happy note. Kinda.
We got stuck in traffic on our way home. Which wouldn't have been an issue, as I had doled our snacks and books for the ride. However, about 20 minutes in, A started screaming crazily that there was a "bug with a lot of legs stuck into her skin!" Then silence.

Me: "A? Is everything OK?"
A: "Yes, Mommy. I pulled it off."
Me: "And then what, babydoll?"
A: "I threw it at your seat."
Me: "Oh, OK."

For the next 20 minutes, I imagined a tick burrowing it's way into my shoulder. I couldn't wait to get home and do the tick check on all of us. I needn't have worried, though. Our hairdresser/barber found and removed that pesky tick from A's hair the next afternoon.

Mr. Matthew at Great Clips got a big tip that day . . . a big tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment