Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Love?

It would be awkward to address the 35 day break I took from blogging.  It wasn't intentional.  It just kind of . . . . happened.  So I'm diving right in.

In May, the Salad helped a friend celebrate his birthday at a bounce house. I put M in shorts and a short sleeved shirt. He was so excited when he saw that he was wearing both shorts and short sleeves. Our spring weather has been inconsistent. We could wear a bathing suit one day and a winter coat the next. Anyway, he got a plastic burn on his arm going down a giant slide. On our way home, as he lamented the lost skin on his elbow, he made sure I knew it was my fault for not having properly covered up his body with long sleeved clothing. "It's because you gave me this short sleeved shirt, Mom! But don't worry. I still love you." It made me wonder if his love for me is so tenuous that it hinges on me picking out appropriate-for-every-situation clothing. Am I walking such a fine line? Could I so easily fall from his favor for getting the minutiae incorrect? All I know is, I better be dang sure I keep his favorite cereal in stock.
There you go, buddy, all covered up.  Happy?

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great how we get blamed for what we do as parents, whether it's for their own good or not, it's all our fault! LOL!! Welcome back to blog world!

    ReplyDelete