Monday, February 28, 2011

Daddy's Little Salad

R had to travel for 8 days towards the end of February. He works hard and there are weeks where the Salad may not see him for a day or 2, as he leaves hours before they wake and will come home long after they have gone to bed. But 8 days. That's a long time. I kept them crazy busy, hoping to preoccupy their little minds. But everyday someone mentioned that they missed their daddy in a not so subtle way.

"My belly hurts. I think it's because I miss my daddy."

"Everything looks different without my daddy."

"I want my daddy to say prayers with us tonight."

"My eyes are just watery because I miss my daddy."

"Is daddy still my best friend?"

"How many more sleeps until we see daddy?"

"I could almost feel crying in my eyes because I miss daddy."

1 comment:

  1. My eyes are waterly from reading these loving salad thoughts---hope they get some good Daddy time in soon :)

    ReplyDelete