Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day in the Life

Original post written March 9, 2012

S has a "raging double ear infection", according to her pediatrician.  Thursday morning, I decided to keep her home from school and send A and M along. 

Following is an excerpt from a very matter of fact conversation the Salad had shortly after I discussed my plan.

M:  S.  I'm going to miss you.
S:  What?
A:  HE SAID HE'S GOING TO MISS YOU!
M:  S?  But don't worry.  Big brother (referring to himself) is going to take your letter X Show and Tell.
A:  And I'll stand up next to you, M.
S:  What?
A:  WE'RE GOING TO DO YOUR SHOW AND TELL!
S:  Nooooooooooo!!!!

S's bitter tears shattered my already fragile heart.  She was devastated to not be able to bring her Show and Tell.  Already, Pre-K 1 had missed out on our letter U Underwear and cocktail Umbrella creative genius during a stomach virus mere weeks before.

I did what any tired, broken down mother would do.  I dosed up her 36 pound daughter on antibiotics and Tylenol and sent her along with her X shaped crayon clenched in her tiny fist. 

God help me.  I may not make it through Kindergarten. 
S, clad in her new swim cap and ear Band-it to keep water out of her whole-y right eardrum.  Oh.  And her goggles.  Just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment