Friday, March 9, 2012

Garfield, he's not just a cat anymore

M: "Mommy?  I need to think of a name for my new pet snail."  (referring to the world's tiniest snail that was captured in a mason jar on our hike at Newlin Grist Mill last week)
Me:  "OK.  Let's hear some ideas."
S:  "I think her name is Luna."
M:  "Umm, S?  That is not her name.  And she is not a girl."
A:  "His name is Bob."
M:  "No.  That's not his name either.  Mommy?  Can you please go in and get me the baby naming book?"

Later that evening, as Grammy and M flipped through the book, Porter and Ignatius were rejected. 

Garfield was chosen.  Garfield the Snail.









Snail-naming Brain Trust

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! This is awesome. I figure anyone with triplets must have some super secret because there is absolutely no way i could do what i'm doing with my 5 months old piglet x 3. And mine isn't even mobile yet!

    -the new owner of your baby jail (err, your pack and play. Thank you so much for it!)

    ReplyDelete