Tuesday, August 11, 2009

And so it goes . . .

that babies don't keep. They grow up. Too fast. I know everyone says it. But I have never one day in the last 2 years, 6 months, and 5 days felt it as deeply as I do today. I have never longed for the nights during early infancy when I woke every 1.5 hours to feed 3 very tiny babies. I have never wished the pre-walking days back, for I only have 2 arms and could never carry all of my babies at once. I have never regretted that I couldn't wait for their 1st birthday to come, so I could stop making gallons of formula and cleaning 24 bottles a day. But lately, the winds of change are blowing in our house. They are blowing so strongly and in my face, that I am gasping for air and wiping tears from my eyes.

No pacifiers, no diapers and no cribs anymore. Where have my babies gone?

1 comment:

  1. All sentiment aside, I am seriously IMPRESSED with your potty training skills---Liam is no where near ready for the potty so GO YOU!
    Now, back to sentiment...just when you think you can't change another diaper, make another bottle, etc., they grow out of it...sigh.
    I appreciate the things that get easier too but then I long for my growing boys to be babies forever.

    ReplyDelete