Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Bad and the Ugly

Sometimes, when your day hands you lemons, instead of rising to the occasion and making lemonade, you just take the low road, flip on Kung Fu Panda and snuggle up with your Salad.  Secretly resenting the fact that they can enjoy a movie, complete with popcorn, while my diverticula-ridden colon would stage an uprising if I sneaked even a piece.  Sigh.

Let's recap Wednesday, shall we?

I should have known after waiting 2 hours for our van to get inspected that something was amiss.  I should have gone to ask earlier.  The man looked at me like I was crazy and said "I came out and called your name about 45 minutes ago.  Didn't you hear me?  And then I came out about 40 minutes ago and pronounced it a different way.  Were you in the Kid's Korner?  Oh, I guess you didn't hear me.  Sorry."  But I could tell he wasn't sorry.  I should have sat in the waiting room with all of the other people that had gotten there at 7:55 AM and let my children be as loud as 4 year olds can be.  Let's see who hears who then.
Since we hadn't been home for breakfast, the dishes were undone when we got home.  I like to do the dishes while the Salad eats their meals.  We sing songs.  I teach them about Emerald Ash borers.  Sometimes we listen to "Leaving on a Jet Plane."  We are learning how to count by 2s to 20.  I like to multitask.  So I quickly did the dishes and pulled out clay for them to play with at the table.  I thought I could get some banking done while they played.  But I forgot the answer to our security question, got locked out of our account, wasted 20 minutes getting it unlocked, only to find out that it wasn't the right account.

Trying to salvage the morning, I thought I would take the Salad out to lunch and then take them bowling.  Besides dropping grease on my pants and M bleeding at the bowling alley, those 2 things went pretty well.  Though, that's not saying much. 

Finally able to sit and pay those bills, I find a suspicious charge on our credit card.  1.5 hours later, we have 2 new cards coming our way.  I have suspicions about the thieves.  I think I know who charged an X box game to our Disney Card.  I'm on to you, punks.  And I learned a few things watching Kung Fu Panda.  Be afraid.

So it was one of those days.  I complained, a lot, to anyone who would listen.  I'm sorry for that, because now in the quiet, there were a bunch of great things about our day.  They deserve their own post.  Be on the look out for it.

1 comment:

  1. Mama said there'd be days like this...sigh...sometimes it just seems like there shouldn't be so MANY of them, right? It sounds like you made the best of each situation so don't be so hard on yourself. And lately, I feel like nothing BUT complaints come out of my mouth, so if nothing else, you aren't alone. My new excuse is the humidity...it really does get the best of me! Hope this week gets off to a good start

    ReplyDelete