Monday, December 12, 2011

You've got Mail

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 7:13 PM
Subject: For Peter

To Peter, from M
Is this the kind of snake we saw







or is this?






I think it is this one, because it's greenish and has nut* eyes, like Ms. Amy said.
M
PS - Oh man! I forgot to give Peter and Lucy the homemade walkie talkies we made this morning!
M
* He definitely said "nut eyes."  Oh, I tried to change his mind about that word.  Do you mean brown eyes?  No, he said.  Nut eyes.  Do you think she said round eyes?  No.  Ms. Amy said nut eyes.  Resignedly, I wrote "nut eyes", followed up by an email to Ms. Amy.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 8:39 pm
Subject: Follow Up

Hey Amy,
Also, I am wondering what got lost in the translation about the snake's eyes? "Nut eyes" I know can't be what you said, can it?
A

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 7:17 am
Subject: Re: Follow Up

Hi A,
M's closer than you'd think about the "nut eyes." Venomous snakes have almond-shaped pupils; regular snakes have round pupils. Of course, if you get close enough to a snake to see his pupils, you'd better hope they're round.
Amy

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 8:20 am
Subject: Re: For Peter

M,
It's the first snake. Because it is thin. How you make the walkie talkies? You can come over for a playdate someday? I love you.
peter

1 comment:

  1. hahaha this is awesome. I love him! Love aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete